Dr. Deb Delaney from the University of Delaware will present: Take Time to Smell the Roses. Dr. Delaney shares……..
“In this talk, I have synthesized a large body of literature published on honey bee nutrition over the past half a century. I talk about the nutritional requirements of honey bees and what are the best sources of these requirements based on scientific literature. I will also explore the mutualisms that occur between bees and flowers by investigating bee behavior towards flower phenology., and finally, I will address the ecological value of native flowers for bees in terms of nutrition and how to track nutrition coming into the apiary. “
Deb studied at:
- Ph.D. Entomology. Washington State University, 2008.
- M.S. Environmental Science. Oregon State University, 2003.
- B.S. Natural Resources. Oregon State University, 1998.
She teaches these courses at the University:
- ENWC205 Elements of Entomology, Fall
- ENWC214/224 Apiology and Apiology Lab, Spring