As a Guild member, if you would like to consign honey at the Guild table….here are the details……
The honey is sold on consignment as a benefit to members of the Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild. We sell members’ honey at the Guild’s booth on each of the 3 days of the Honey Festival Event. Dates this year are September 7th, 9th, and 10th. The locations are Glen Foerd on the Delaware, Wyck House, and Bartram’s Garden. Please find more information at: http://phillyhoneyfest.com/. Event attendees over the past 7 years have come to learn that this is a good place to purchase local honey. Also, because the booth is staffed by beekeeper volunteers, customers get their chance to “talk to a real beekeeper” while purchasing truly local honey.
For the second year – the Guild would also like to consign honey at a fall festival, October 14th, where we expect to have a booth – Harvest on Henry (presented by Weavers Way and Saul High School).
The retail prices for honey sold at the Guild booth will be as follows. We will be taste-testing each honey, which is how people tend to make their purchasing decisions. We will take all participating members’ honey to the events, and at the conclusion arrange to return the unsold honey to you along with a check for the quantity sold, less the 20% commission retained by the Guild.
|ITEM||2017 Prices||2017 Price/oz.|
|“Baby” honey bears (2oz)||$3.00||$1.50|
|½ Pound honey jars||$9.25||$1.16|
|12oz honey jars||$12.00||$1.00|
|1 Pound honey jars||$15.00||$0.94|
|Pint mason jars (~1.5 lbs.)||$18.00||$0.75|
|Quart mason jars (~3 lbs.)||$32.00||$0.67|
|½ Pound Creamed Honey||$12.00|
|Comb Ross Rounds (8oz)||$10.00|
|Cut comb (12oz)||$12.00|
Here are the Details if you would like to sell honey at the Honey Festival and at the Harvest on Henry:
- Send an email expressing your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate approximate quantity you would like to sell
- Indicate if you would like the Guild to sell your honey at Harvest on Henry as well
- We will then confirm drop off location and date/time.
- Drop off your honey at a location in North Philly (to be announced) between August 12th and the 31st .
- Provide a 1 lb. bottle of your honey for sampling. (It can be in a different jar than what you’re selling in and doesn’t need a pretty label.)
- Donate a 1 lb. jar of honey for our Honey Fest raffle
- If you are not currently a PBG member, we will deduct the $25/year membership ($15 for students and seniors) from the proceeds
All the best for a great honey harvest!