Join the Guild!
Benefits of PBG membership include:
- Monthly meetings on the third Thursday of most months. Meetings can feature speakers or discussion of seasonally relevant beekeeping topics. Meetings are also open to non-members at no charge.
- Discounted events and workshops – From time to time the Guild offers workshops and events related to beekeeping outside of the regular monthly meetings. These events are offered at a discount or at no charge to members.
- Discounts on shipping for group orders of local woodenware and supplies.
- Honey Extractor Access – the Guild owns a motorized honey extractor and makes it available to members at a discounted rate.
- Observation Hive to Borrow – the Guild owns a two-frame observation hive that’s perfect for transporting your bees on short outing such as educational programs you may wish to present to local schools, scouts or other organizations. Just add bees!
- Vendor opportunities – Guild members who have honey and hive products to sell are offered free or discount vendor space at our annual beekeeping symposium and honey festival.
- Receive the PBG Newsletter via email.
- Access to an incredible group of beekeepers who are passionate about beekeeping and always willing to share information, knowledge and years of experience!
Anything Else? We’re always looking for new ways to benefit members and the larger beekeeping and non-beekeeping community. If you have any ideas or requests please let us know.
Guild membership is offered to households at $25/year ($15/year for seniors 60+ and students). All members of a household are considered members and eligible for members’ benefits and to stand for election to Guild offices.
Memberships are on a calendar year cycle – January 1 to December 31. Join or renew now for 2016!
If you don’t like all this new-fangled Paypal stuff, you can mail a check to:
Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild
Attn: Membership Coordinator
P.O. Box 43362
Philadelphia, PA 19129
Please don’t send cash, and please do include your e-mail address as we generally use e-mail and this web site for Guild communications.
Membership-related questions may be directed to email@example.com.
We also encourage all of our members to join the Pennsylvania State Beekeepers Association. You can learn about PSBA membership here. Please support the important work that PSBA does for beekeepers in our state.