The GIANT Company and Planet Bee currently have a pollinator grant open with a quick turnaround time, but I wanted to send it your way in case you knew of anyone if your networks! Here is the link: BEE FRIENDLY GRANTS — Planet Bee Foundation.
- This grant is for any commercial beekeeper, backyard beekeeper, or beekeeper organization that has experienced a loss of colonies due to theft, harsh winters, vandalism, or other causes.
- Applicants can reside outside of the geographic area, but apiaries must be maintained in the counties listed below:
- Maryland: Alleghany, Carroll, Cecil and Washington counties.
- Pennsylvania: Adams, Berks, Blair, Bucks, Carbon, Centre, Chester, Clearfield, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Delaware, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Indiana, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montgomery, Montour, Northampton, Perry, Philadelphia, Schuylkill, Snyder, Union and York counties.
- Virginia: Augusta, Clarke, Culpeper, Frederick, Rockingham and Warren counties.
- West Virginia: Berkeley, Jefferson, and Mineral counties.
- Grant will open on May 15, 2023. Online submissions only. No applications will be accepted by post or email.
- All grant applications will be accepted until 8:00pm EST on May 31, 2023. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
- Grant winners will be announced in early June 2023.